Get To Know Danielle
With a background that is rich in many different legal fields, Danielle De Smeth is a well-rounded, experienced attorney who has represented clients in cases involving personal injury, environmental litigation, and criminal defense. She is proud to represent her clients with fierce and dedicated legal counsel.
Throughout her time working for The Law Offices of Bamieh & De Smeth, PLC, Attorney Smeth has represented countless clients through jury verdict. Previously, Danielle worked in the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s Office, where she prosecuted criminal cases. This gives her a distinct advantage in criminal defense cases for her clients, as she is personally familiar with the methods and strategies of the state’s prosecutors.
Danielle was raised in Ventura and loves the Central Coast. As a native of the area, she is passionate about working to better her community through numerous volunteer and leadership activities. She is proud to serve residents of her home town with dedicated and personalized representation.
Danielle's Activites Include:
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers, 2013 President, SBWL Board of Directors
- Advisory Committee to the Creeks Division of the City of SB, 2013 Vice-Chair
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Courthouse Legacy Foundation, Trustee
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Foundation, 2012 President
- Paradise Invitational College Mock Trial Tournament, Co-Director/Host
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2010
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2008 – J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, 2003 – B.A.