Get To Know Natalie
“No matter what problem you are facing, I listen and strategize to put you in the best possible position.”
Natalie counsels a diverse range of clients through business disputes, personal injury and wrongful death, workplace discrimination, and civil rights matters. She also consults on business formation, intellectual property issues, and serves as general counsel for a local non-profit. She has worked with plaintiffs and defendants, at the trial court level and on appeal. Natalie knows that cool heads are the most effective problem solvers and brings a level-headed approach to even the most difficult legal issues.
Natalie was born in southern California and grew up in northwestern Washington state. She earned her BA in politics from the University of California at Santa Cruz and her law degree from Southwestern Law School. Natalie traveled extensively and worked abroad with the JET Program in Osaka for several years before returning to California to begin practicing law. She has worked with the U.S. Consulate in Barcelona, the Argentinian National Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Court. She is proficient in Spanish and Japanese.
Before joining Bamieh & De Smeth, Natalie worked as a litigation attorney with the law firm of Hager & Dowling. Before that, she was an associate of Kulik Gottesman Siegel & Ware in Sherman Oaks where she practiced business litigation with an emphasis in homeowner’s association law. During law school Natalie wrote for Southwestern Law School's Journal of International Law and the Commentator Legal News Magazine. She was president of Southwestern's International Law Society and volunteered with legal aid organizations, including the FAME free legal clinic in Los Angeles and OneJustice.
Natalie lives in the Santa Barbara area with her husband, two children and their cat, Lindy. Natalie serves on the Board of Directors for the Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Association and Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Foundation. In her free time, Natalie enjoys hiking, traveling, and cooking.
Something you will hear Natalie say a lot: “Let’s think this through.”
- Orchestrated successful buy-out of restaurant owner by former business partner.
- Obtained maximum policy limits for client who sustained brain injury in an auto accident, convincing medical providers to waive liens, giving client highest possible financial recovery under the circumstances.
- Represented artist in contract dispute against Warner Brothers.
What clients say about Natalie:
"Natalie is not only the consummate professional in every sense of the word, but she has a quality even more valuable. She cares. I have found her guidance to be vitally important and her character impeccable. She is incredibly responsive and always fully prepared. I could not recommend her more highly." -Teri F.
Areas Of Practice:
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Personal Injury
- Southwestern Law School – J.D.
- University of California, Santa Cruz – B.A.
- California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2018
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Foundation