Santa Barbara and Ventura Train Accident Attorneys
Due to the weight and size of trains, train accidents could result in devastating and even fatal injuries. Were you hurt due to a train derailment accident? Or did you suffer serious injuries and/or property damage at a train station or railroad crossing and are wondering if you have a claim against the responsible party?
It could be very overwhelming and traumatic to experience a train accident that left you injured, drowning in medical bills, worrying about your finances, unable to go to work, and concerned about your quality of life moving forward. Depending on the severity and extent of your injuries, you might also be anxious about your recovery or if you will ever recover fully.
If you or a loved one sustained severe injuries in a train accident involving a Caltrain, Metrolink, Amtrak, or other rail systems, you can count on the Santa Barbara and Ventura train accident attorneys of Bamieh & De Smeth for legal assistance and guidance. Our law firm handles various kinds of train accident cases, such as the following:
- Derailed train accidents
- Train accidents involving other vehicles
- Train crashes that injured pedestrians
- Train accidents that involve other trains
- Train crashes caused by faulty equipment
- Train accidents leading to wrongful death
Determining Fault and Liability for Santa Barbara and Ventura Train Accidents
A claim against the at-fault party that caused the train accident will only be successful if you can show that they:
- Owed you a legal duty of care;
- Violated or breached that legal duty of care; and
- The breach caused the accident that resulted in your injuries and losses.
The parties you’re filing a claim against would likewise depend on what caused the train accident. These parties could include:
- Companies that operate or own trains might be responsible for damages for failure to maintain their trains, rail cart, and equipment. They might likewise be liable for a train accident if they hired workers who don’t have adequate qualifications or for failing to provide workers with proper training and supervision.
- Train parts or equipment manufacturers might be liable if the accident was a result of a defective train part.
- Other vehicle drivers might also be liable for a train crash if they left their car on the train track and caused an accident.
If you get into a train accident in California, your best recourse is to reach out to an experienced attorney. Your attorney will work fast to investigate your claim and determine all the liable parties you can pursue compensation from.
Consult with Our Top Santa Barbara and Ventura Train Accident Attorneys
You don’t have to go through the emotional, physical, and financial fallout of a train crash alone. The top Santa Barbara and Ventura train accident attorneys are here for you. For your free case review, contact us online or call us at 805-643-5555. The sooner we learn more about your train accident, the sooner we can work towards securing the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and other train accident-related damages.