Ventura and Santa Barbara Uber Accident Attorneys
Approximately 100 million people worldwide use Uber regularly, and Uber gas generated more than $11 billion in net revenue last 2020. Whether you’re a passenger, another driver, or a pedestrian who has been in an accident involving an Uber driver, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
The Bamieh & De Smeth, PLC, law office’s Ventura and Santa Barbara Uber accident attorneys are devoted to holding Uber and other ridesharing companies responsible for their drivers’ negligent acts that resulted in injury to other individuals.
The Difference Between Uber Accidents and Other Car Accidents
Determining which party is at fault in an Uber accident is similar to determining fault in regular motor vehicle accidents. However, what makes Uber accidents somewhat different is how Uber’s insurance coverage will apply when injured victims pursue compensation from the negligent Uber driver. When Uber drivers injure their passengers, other motorists, and other road users, they may have a claim against the liable driver and/or Uber.
On the other hand, it could be tough to file a claim against Uber directly unless an injured victim can prove that the company itself (not the driver) somehow contributed to the accident. For instance, you may have a claim against Uber if the driver who injured you has a history of drunk driving or traffic violations that Uber knew or should’ve known about before hiring.
In most cases, however, victims injured in Uber accidents must file a claim against the driver to try and pursue financial compensation from Uber’s insurance policy.
Uber’s Insurance Policy
Drivers are covered by the following insurance policies when they drive for Uber:
- When the driver’s app is off or offline, the driver’s personal insurance coverage will apply.
- When the driver is waiting for an Uber request, Uber provides the following coverage for qualified accidents on behalf of the driver:
- Third-party liability insurance if the driver’s personal insurance coverage does not apply – Bodily injury coverage of $100,000 per accident, bodily injury coverage of $50,000 per individual, and property damage coverage of $25,000 per accident.
- When the Uber driver is on the way to pick up a passenger, Uber provides the following coverage:
- Third-party liability coverage up to $1 million
- Contingent collision and comprehensive insurance coverage
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage for bodily injury
- When an Uber driver is on a trip and has picked up a passenger, the driver’s third-party liability will be covered up to $1 million. This will apply to all accidents that happen between picking up passengers and reaching the passenger’s destination.
Reach Out to Our Ventura and Santa Barbara Uber Accident Attorneys
Uber accident claims can be quite tricky since the laws governing accidents, liability, and insurance coverage limits are constantly changing. If you have been injured in an accident involving an Uber driver, whether as another driver hit by the Uber driver, an Uber passenger, or a pedestrian, among others, you deserve to be properly compensated for your losses. Our Ventura and Santa Barbara Uber accident attorneys are ready to help out.
For assistance with your Uber accident claim, you can contact The Law Offices of Bamieh & De Smeth, PLC, online or by calling 805-643-5555 to arrange a free review of your case.