Car Accidents on I5, The 101, and Any Other Major Highway Around Santa Barbara and VenturaOctober 21, 2022
Santa Barbara and Ventura are among the most scenic cities in Southern California. Unfortunately, a lot of car accidents also occur in these places because of the highways and interstate that run through them. Different kinds of car accidents happen on highways and interstates, which usually include the following:
- Head-on crashes
- Sideswipe accidents
- Chain-reaction multi-vehicle pileups
- Rear-end collisions
Whether minor or serious, car crashes can drastically impact your life. They can lead to lost income, costly medical bills, emotional and physical suffering, or lifelong disabilities. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident, our California car accident attorney will work hard to pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Why Interstate and Highway Crashes Happen in California
Like crashes on various roadways, most highway and interstate crashes happen due to driver error or negligence. However, they end up being more devastating. The most common causes include:
- Drowsy Driving – Many drivers find themselves on interstate and highways for hours on end, making them more susceptible to drowsy driving. The combination of higher speed limits and delayed reaction times brought on by drowsiness is fatal.
- Distracted Driving – One of the most common causes of crashes on any kind of roadway is distracted driving. People mistakenly believe that the brain can multitask, but this is rarely the case, especially when driving. So when a driver is reading, sightseeing, eating, or talking or texting on their phone while driving, the brain must switch between tasks and is unable to focus on driving, which can lead to devastating crashes.
- Careless or Reckless Driving – Whether careless drivers simply don’t think about other road users, reckless driving puts the lives of other people at risk for serious injury or death. After driving for long hours, most drivers become more reckless and end up not paying due attention to the road, speeding, or engaging in other careless driving practices.
- Driving at Night – Especially for truck drivers and delivery drivers, nighttime driving can be challenging sometimes. Other motorists must also contend with massive trucks that frequently travel at night. Aside from potential issues with vision, nighttime driving also increases the risk of drowsy driving, drunk driving, and drugged driving.
- Unsafe Lane Changes – Improper Lane changes in high-traffic places can be immensely hazardous. You may also have issues with drivers trying to pass quickly and get to the exit. Such lane changes are risky for all road users and usually cause multi-vehicle pileups.
Consult With an Experienced Santa Barbara and Ventura Car Accident Attorney Now
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a car accident on the 101, I-5, or anywhere in California, you’ll need a skilled car accident attorney to fight for your legal rights and help you navigate your case. Your car accident attorney in Santa Barbara and Ventura will pursue maximum financial compensation from the negligent at-fault parties. Reach out to Bamieh & De Smeth today and set up your complimentary case evaluation by calling our office at 805-643-5555 or sending us a message online.