Santa Barbara Bicycle Accident Attorneys Page
Numerous tourists and residents ride their bikes every day to get around Santa Barbara. Unfortunately, some have first-hand experiences getting hit by negligent drivers, causing them serious injuries, such as multiple bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, severe sprains and strains, and traumatic brain injury, among others. Even with proper protective equipment, bicyclists are simply no match for motor vehicles.
At Bamieh & De Smeth, serving injured people is what our attorneys do. We have handled various personal injury claims, including bicycle accident claims, to secure the compensation our clients need to get their lives back on track. Our Santa Barbara bicycle accident attorneys will put their resources, knowledge, and experience into handle your claim. If you have been severely injured in a bicycle accident, our attorneys are standing by to discuss your case.
Common Causes of Santa Barbara Bicycle Accident
Bicycle accidents in Santa Barbara occur due to various reasons, which usually involve the following:
- Failure to Yield – Rather than yield to a bicyclist who has the right-of-way, some drivers will maneuver around them, causing a crash.
- Distracted Driving – One of the top causes of traffic crashes, distracted drivers pay more attention to something other than driving or looking out for bicyclists around them.
- Alcohol and Drug Use – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly decreases driving ability and causes thousands of crashes and deaths in the country.
- Speeding – Speeding significantly reduces stopping time. If a bicyclist is crossing an intersection and a speeding driver decides to cut in front, it could result in a devastating crash.
- Unsafe Lane Changes – When reckless drivers make sudden lane changes, it could lead to an accident resulting in severe injuries.
How Our Santa Barbara Bicycle Accident Attorneys Can Serve You
The Santa Barbara bicycle accident attorneys of Bamieh & De Smeth will work on your case by:
- Gathering relevant evidence to protect and support your case. This can include speaking to witnesses, taking videos and pictures of the accident site, assessing the police report, and working with experts to recreate the accident and confirm your injuries and related losses.
- Estimating the real worth of your claim to ensure that we secure a settlement that will cover your bicycle accident-associated damages.
- Handling negotiations with the liable party’s insurer and lawyers. The insurance claims adjuster is not on your side and will try to reduce or deny your claim. With our Santa Barbara bicycle accident attorney working on your case, you won’t have to settle for less than you deserve.
- Representing you at trial. Negotiations can break down for various reasons. When this happens, our attorneys will fight for compensation in court.
Get In Touch With Our Experienced Santa Barbara Accident Attorneys Today
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident due to another’s negligence, contact Bamieh & De Smeth now. Our Santa Barbara bicycle accident attorneys know the toll a devastating accident can take, and we are ready to fight on your behalf to make sure you get compensated fairly. Call 805-643-5555 or reach us online to set up your free case evaluation with our Santa Barbara bicycle accident attorney.