Santa Barbara Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Getting into any kind of traffic accident can be a very terrifying experience, particularly if you are a pedestrian. You’ll probably face a lengthy recovery when you get injured. With no income and all the expensive medical bills, you may find yourself with serious financial problems. The skilled Santa Barbara pedestrian accident attorneys of Bamieh & De Smeth can fight the responsible party and their insurance provider on your behalf to make certain you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Who is Liable in a Santa Barbara Pedestrian Accident?
Our Santa Barbara pedestrian accident attorney will file a claim against the at-fault party to recover maximum compensation from any of these parties:
- The Driver or Motorist – If a driver or motorist violated a traffic law or was driving negligently and caused the accident, you could hold them liable for your damages. The most common causes of pedestrian crashes due to driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while drugged or drunk
- Failing to yield to pedestrians who have the right-of-way
- Driving too fast
- Entering intersections without looking out for pedestrians
- The Government and Other Third Parties – Those responsible for designing and maintaining crosswalks (usually government agencies, engineers, subcontractors, etc.) are legally obligated to consider the safety of pedestrians. If the pedestrian crash happened due to their negligence, you might be entitled to recover compensation from these parties.
- The Vehicle Manufacturer – If a defect in the at-fault driver’s vehicle caused or contributed to the accident, you could hold the manufacturer responsible for your losses.
How Our Santa Barbara Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Can Ensure You Receive The Compensation You Deserve
Investigate The Circumstances of Your Accident
The Santa Barbara pedestrian accident attorneys of Bamieh & De Smeth will collect vital information required to prove liability for your damages. This includes reviewing the police report, examining photos and videos of the accident scene, and talking to eyewitnesses, among others.
Figuring Out The Real Value of Your Claim
Our attorneys can provide an estimate of the full value of your claim by taking into account all the past, current, and future costs related to your injuries to give you a clearer idea of how much you need to recover from the liable party.
Dealing With The At-Fault Party’s Insurer
Even if the other party is clearly responsible for the accident, their insurer will try anything not to give you the settlement you deserve. To receive fair compensation, our Santa Barbara pedestrian accident attorneys can negotiate with the insurer to make sure you obtain the full value of your claim. If a fair settlement can’t be reached, our attorneys will take your case to trial to secure a favorable court verdict.
Reach Out to Our Seasoned Santa Barbara Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Now
If you’ve lost a loved one or you were injured in a pedestrian crash, our Santa Barbara pedestrian accident attorneys can get you the compensation and justice you deserve. Call the law office of Bamieh & De Smeth at 805-643-5555 or send us an online message to schedule your complimentary case review with our Santa Barbara pedestrian accident attorney.